This three minute video talks about fabric ducting solutions and the challenges presented in consumable applications, such as food processing, preparation & packaging, growing facilities, beverage & bottling, warehousing, restaurants, and grocery stores.
• Opti-X – Medical grade fabric
• R-Track – Stainless steel retractable systems
• Benefits of Fabric vs. Metal
The consumables industry is a fast growing sector of the economy. It is generally defined as encompassing all areas of food and beverage production, including manufacturing, processing, packaging and growing, as well as food service, restaurants and retail (grocery).
While no two consumables industry facilities are the same, there are a variety of common air-flow related environmental challenges that they face. Metal duct solutions can contribute to poor indoor air quality and contamination due to:
• Insufficient airflow that encourages microbial growth
• The need for drip pans to collect condensation
• Remaining condensation on surfaces from washdowns and lack of airflow
• Cross-contamination in harsh washdown applications
• Safety hazards when cleaning elevated work areas
• Downtime and labour costs of system-wide cleaning
DuctSox air dispersion solutions provide better indoor air quality, better environmental control and a better cleaning experience.
• Targeted air dispersion options prevent condensation buildup throughout the facility
• DuctSox Opti-X fabric controls the growth and spread of bacteria, fungi and mould in consumable environments
• Anti-microbial, grade and shed proof fabric
• Can be laundered
• Healthier environment
A variety of suspension options are available including the stainless-steel food grade R-Track suspension system.
• The unique design of the R-Track makes fabric removal for cleaning, quick and easy
• Zippered segments at the end of a run to allow removal of the whole length from a single access point
• Recommended to use spare sets of socks for laundering, to minimize down time during scheduled cleanings
The sanitation cycle in food facilities is essential to keeping operations and product clean and safe throughout the supply chain. However, that same necessary cycle introduces unwanted condensation.
Fabric ductwork eliminates this issue with the following features:
• Entire duct is comprised of breathable fabric material, condensation is not able to form or rest on the exterior of the duct
• Targeted air dispersion helps prevent condensation on walls, ceilings, floors and production equipment
• Features a zippered section design to allow for sections to be removed, commercially laundered, and re-installed