The UVC dosimeter™ is a safe and efficient tool that can be used to verify UVC exposure of a surface, or an instrument, in healthcare environments, including patient rooms and surgical suites; in laboratories; and also in food and beverage manufacturing and processing facilities.
The technology consists of a photo-chromatic ink that changes color when it is stimulated by certain UVC radiation (253.7 nanometers).
The UVC Dosimeter from American Ultraviolet:
• Can increase the efficiency of UV disinfection processes designed to reduce HAIs and SSIs, by running shorter cycle times, and providing real–time results.
• Changes color at various energy levels, which correlates with a log reduction of microbiology samples (e.g. MRSA and C. difficile).
• Measures specific wavelengths of UVC radiation
• Can be modified to change color at specific energy levels, depending upon the type of pathogen(s) of concern at your institution
• Is available in quantities of 10, 50, and 100
• Has been tested in laboratory and hospital environments in the United States, Sweden, and the United Kingdom
Please Note: On UVC Card, MRSA = 50 mj/cm2 and C-diff = 100 mj/cm2
To purchase, or for more information, please Contact Us.
How to Use the UVC Dosimeter
UVC Dosimeter is patent protected technology from Intellego Technologies AB in Sweden, where it has been developed, tested, and approved, and also where it is manufactured.