1300 770 908
Why Choose Evaporative Cooling?
Why Choose Evaporative Cooling?Commercial and Industrial evaporative air conditioning is ideal for cooling workshops, retail outlets, factories, warehouses, large halls and manufacturing plants.
Evaporative cooling is an entirely natural method of cooling, using only air and water – to cool air through the simple principle of evaporation of water.
- Hot air is drawn into the cooler and passes through water-moistened pads or specifically designed cells.
- Some of the water evaporates, absorbing the heat as it does so, and cools the air.
- A fan then blows this beautifully cooled air throughout the occupied area and forces hot air out through open windows and doors.
- Ducted evaporative air conditioning units are normally positioned on the roof with ducting throughout the roof space to direct air into the rooms of the home.
Indirect evaporative air conditioning options include ducted indirect air conditioning. Indirect evaporative air conditioning uses a similar method to cool as an evaporative air conditioner, but with an important difference – it doesn’t add moisture to the air.
- Indirect evaporative air conditioners work by hot air passing along alternating wet and dry channels in the unit.
- The air passing along the wet channels gains moisture because the channels are continuously wetted with water, however no moisture is transferred across the membranes between the dry and wet channels; only temperature (heat) is transferred.
- The air passing along the dry channels has no added moisture.
- The cool, dry air is then passed into the building via ducts and the hot, wet air expelled outside.